SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
GoPong 8-Foot Portable Beer Pong Tailgate Tables (Black, Football or American Flag) nnwpaw523-New toy
- Fit 1 2 3 4 seat Sofa Cover All Wrap Couch Covers Printed Stretch Furniture Stretch slipcovers Sofa Towel sectional Christmas XD41, 2 seat 140-185cm
- Tight Wrap All-Inclusive Sofa Cover Sectional Elastic Modern Furniture Couch Cover Universal Stretch Corner Slipcover 1PC color 8, 2seater 145-185cm
- Smallbeefly Ocean greenical Version Tapestry Deep Sealife Cute Sweet Cartoon Style Animals Little Whale Fish Octopus Moss Print Throw, Bed, Tapestry Yoga Blanket 54W x 72L INCH bluee
- Safari Mega Toobs Horses and Ponies Miniature Replica Set
- Michelangelo Genuine Leather Calf-Skin - Pompei Journal in Leather 4x9 H13 cm, Inch 1.57X3.54 H5 (Dark Brown)
- Carnival Phantasm Nekoaruku Purapura figure Nekoaruku-Destiny separately Pink Carnival Phantasm SEGA SEGA
- GREEN LANTERN HYBRID METAL ACTION FIGURE JUSTICE LEAGUE 028
- Yuenhoang 1pcs RC Boat Aluminum Propeller 30 32 34 36mm Center Hole Diameter 3.18 4mm Left Right Propeller Spare Parts 3.18X32mm P
- Tann's Frida School Bag 41 Centimeters Multicolour (pink orange)
- Fit for 99% Sofa Solid color Elastic Sofa Cover Elastic Slipcovers Stretch Washable Removable seat Couch wrap Washable Wedding Navy, 3 Seater 190-230cm
- 1pc Sofa Cover for armrest backrest Sofa Towel Sofas Covers Velvet slipcovers Velvet Grey Fabric for L sectional Sofa Couch Brown, 110cmx160cm 1pc
- The Strainer Beena Software Drawing Package and of Set Anpanman Let Printed exciting Game Oekaki (Limited) (Japan Import)
- JINQD HOME Solid wood stool, creative low stool, shoe bench, fabric sofa stool, portable fishing stool - small stool (color Green)
- Yellow walnut color YQRYP Non-slip step stool Dual-use Pine Wood Ladder Stool 2 Step Non-Slip Tread Step Stepladder Stool,Changing shoes Stool Foldable Climb High Ladder Home Garden Kitchen Tool Staircase Stool,294855c
- KTYX Large Dog House in The Kennel Pet Bed (Size M)
- Flameer Yellow 6-Axis DIY Kits Robotic Arm, 6 DOF Unassembled Robot Arm Claw Kit for Arduino DIY Robotics
- Poop Emoticon Pinata with Pink Bow
- Allegro Huyer Anime Silver Soul Figura 17cm Gintama Takasugi Shinsuke Action Figure Toys Figurine Collection(Without Box)
- ALAZA Home Decor Dark Green-bluee pink Blanket Soft Warm Blankets for Bed Couch Sofa Lightweight Travelling Camping 60 x 50 Inch Throw Size for Kids Boys Women
- Transformers Allspark Tech Autobot Hound
- Kids Preferred 91200 Pete The Cat Retro Tin Lunch Box
- Familytaste 1st Birthday, Round tablecloths Princess Theme Party D 60 tablecovers for Sale
- Pneumatic Air Scribe Engraving Pen Jewelers Hand Tool
- Drone With 720p Hd Camera, Gps Fpv Rc Drone, 2.4ghz 6-axis Gyro 4ch Remote Control Quadcopter,3d Flips, Headless Mode, One Key Return For Kids & Beginners
- Universal Slipcovers sectional Elastic Stretch Sofa Cover for Living Room Furniture Couch Cover L Shape Single Two Three seat red, 3 Seater, Spain
- color10 90 x90 QINYAN-Home Soft Travel Blanket(60 x36 Summer Quilt Comforter Lake House Decor Stream Flowing in The Forest Over Mossy Rocks Tree Foliage Splash Summertime Hiking.
- Trademark Fine Art Precious Life by Carrie Schmitt, Black Matte, Wood Frame, 11 X 11
- Ultra bluee Glow in the Dark Sand 1 Ounce by Glow
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn