SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Congreenisseur DC DC circuits imprimés TracoPower TEN 8-7223WI 110 V DC 15 V DC, -15 V DC 267 8 W Nombre de sorti pour mA nnwpaw3023-New toy
- FELICIKK The Wooden Dog Puppet Doll Is Made By Hand,The Original Wood color (color Monkey)
- LEGO Elves 41077 Aira's Pegasus Sleigh Building Kit
- One Piece World Collectable Figure HALLOWEEN SPECIAL2 all eight (japan import)
- 150 gondola pastel colors set (japan import)
- No. 50 4000m roll COL.213 FUJIX King Rejiron F fuzzy sewing thread (japan import)
- Pokemon TCG 80255 Sun & Moon-Crimson Invasion Theme Deck-Kommo-O
- Matasuha Men's Dress Leather Belt Reversible redated Buckle Black 39 40 Waist
- Butterfly Garden Lunch Bag, Wildkin Lunch Bag, Insulated, Moisture Resistant, Easy to Clean and Folds Flat Making Storage That Much Easier, Ages 3+, Perfect for Kids or On-The-Go Parents - Tan
- Max Factory JUL189242 Berserk Guts (Berserker Armor Repaint Skull Edition) Figma Action Figure
- Generic JADA 1 24 Scale Car Model Toy Fast&Furious 8 Dodge Ford Nissan Chevrolet Toyota Honda Diecast Metal Car Toy for Gift Kids Gifts 11
- Elegantstunning 2PCS XIAOMI Drone 4K Battery 5100mAh 17.4V for RC Drone Xiaomi MI 4K 1080P Quadcopter 5100mAh
- Thames & Kosmos Giant Dinosaur Skeleton Kit Science Experiment Kit
- RiverRidge Home 46 Pc Mongrammed Flatware - Bouquet Pattern - J
- Gingerbread Man Chalk Effect Personalised Christmas New Year Holiday Part...
- Disney Fairies Tinkerbell Jumbo coloring Puzzle
- LYJ Marvel Avengers League Iron Man Marvel Batman Action Figure, Batman Toy Model
- (15 Lesson Plans) - American Educational Microslide Air Pollution and Plant Health Lesson Set (Box of 15)
- Balance Bikes, Lightweight No-Pedal Magnesium Alloy Frame for Kids 1-6 Year Olds (color bluee)
- Aqua Cell Deluxe Cool Pool Float, bluee, 72 x 1.75-Inch Thick by Aqua Cell
- color11 35 x60 Inch Bed Blanket Mermaid,Cute Mermaid Playing with Her Hair Folk Mythical Character Princess,Turquoise Fuscia White Indoor Outdoor, Comfortable for All Seasons 50 x60
- Frabill 2145 Umbrella Drop Net
- Laliva 10pair XT60PW Plug Connector Male & Female for RC Battery Rc Models
- LEGO Star Wars Jek-14's Stealth Starfighter (75018)
- CANASOUR Halloween Unisex Adult Grey Cosplay Sleepsuit Womens Onesie
- Universal Size 1 2 3 4 Seater Sofa Cover Tight wrap All-Inclusive sectional Elastic seat Covers Couch Covering Slipcovers 6485, 3 Seater 190-230cm
- BEICICI Comforter Multicolor Bed or Couch Looking up at Tall Buildings with Sun Shining Down Fun Design All-Season Blanket Bed or Couch
- Painting color Lead Set coloring Hook Line Drawing Brush Hand-painted Sketch Pen Iron Box Brush (Size 24 colors)
- Trampoline Fitness Exercise Bouncer Lean Aerobic Sport Bungee Bed Padded Frame Cover Sports Weight Loss Device Gym Equipment Elasticity Slimming
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn