SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Russ Noah's 14 Medium Naamah Monkey Friends Berrie nnysdz1356-New toy
- HBIAO Baby Activity Gym, Learning Baby Toys Jungle Piano Mat with redating Star Mobile and Star-shaped Projector Suitable for 0-36 Months Baby
- Mordarli Unicorn Ear Hat Plush Animal Hat Funny Headwear Bunny Movable Jumping Ears Hat Toys for Gifts Party
- Fujimi Model Kit - British Infantry Valentine Tank - 1 76 scale - 761039 - New
- Tony Mini 5x5x5 Ball - Stickerless
- Masctinen Krieaer Wintdr muta B.A.F.S. Spowman Gladiatar garly tyee wicter sppcification ann mbintenance aoldiers vet 1 20 scalc Glayiator Heighg cbout 14ck plastio moeel IK-049
- Zuul Gatekeeper of Gozer Ghostbusters Exclusive Action Figure by Ghostbusters
- Salmon pink × ice bluee apron
- Carrera Digital 124 132 Start Light
- 3MX5M LPKH Tarpaulin Tarp Sheet,Tarpaulin Waterproof Sunscreen Shade Cloth Tarpaulin Ground Sheet Cover, Camping Tent Tarp (Size 5mx7m)
- 4ft Folding Football Table Wooden Soccer Games Top Jump Star Sports
- W. Britain 16027 Loyalist Butler's Ranger Advancing and Firing, 1780-1784 by Clash of Empires
- Farmerly Couch Cover Predector Furniture Sofa Wrap Tight Slipcovers All-Inclusive Sofa Cover Elastic Anti-Slip Sofa Towel for Living Room 4, 3.seat 190-230CM
- REMO TAM DBL 20cm .W HD RED
- Mini Kids Acoustic Toy Guitar Kit Gig Bag + Picks + Strap + Tuner - Glitter bluee
- VTech Tote and Trace Learning Board
- 001. 12 Days of Christmas MusicBoxAttic 18 Note Movement Pull String With Case - Over 400 Song Choices - Fiddler on the Roof - SWISS
- Club pack of 12 Starry Night Themed gold 3-D Foil Star Cutout Party Decorations 24
- Porsche 934 RSR Brumos 1 18
- Lamborghini Aventador Liberty Walk LB-Works - 1 18 - AUTOart
- Art Wall Edgar Degas 'The Rehearsal of the Ballet on Stage' Unwrapped Canvas, Flat 18 x 22
- HELVOON Happy Halloween Spide Cobweb Throw Blanket Soft Warm Lightweight Blankets for Bed Couch Sofa Travelling Camping 60 x 50 Inch
- Nexus - Wings Of War Top Fighters
- Tutu Solid Stretch Tight Sofa Cover Knitted Fabric Anti-Slip Flexible Big Elasticity Couch Cover Slipcover niture color 02, Length 235 to 300cm
- Hello Kitty Flap Backpack Pink Bows
- Duel Masters - DMR-05 Episode 2 golden Age (30packs)
- Bedding 3 Piece Duvet Cover Set Microfiber,Monochrome Softest Hypoallergenic Quilt Sets Comfy Breathable Washed Simple Cover-Yellow Twin
- YOYI-HOME Digital Printing Duplex Printed Blanket in California Steppe and Clouds Asphalt Road Horizon Hills Journey Multicolor Summer Quilt Comforter W59 x H39.5
- Kamen Rider Kiva Rider Hero Series KV01 Kamen Rider Kiva (Kiva Form)
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn