SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Carrera Ford F-150 Raptor B W - 1 18 Scale RC Car nnysdz1523-New toy
- Crystal Productions CP0190 Colour for The Artist,Grade
- Portable Director's Chair Folding Breathable Mesh Aluminum Camping Fishing Garden Chair,Quick Set up and fold Down,Versatility (color Green)
- Scientific Kidney Section Nephrons Blood Vessels and Renal Corpuscle
- Fat Shark FSV1254 - Ultra Micro FPV Transmitter Camera 5.8G 25mW 7CH VTX
- Cheekbone Electronics Toy,DIY Circuits kit for Kids,Educational Science Kit Toy 335
- MODOLO 2 Pack Inflatable Bunny Rabbit Ears Ring Toss Game with Rings Easter Party Games for Family Kids (2 Rabbit Ears and 8 Rings)
- YuGiOh Gyroid (BP01EN190) Battle Pack Epic Dawn 1st Edition Common
- PLAYMOBIL Farmer with Wheelbarrow Set by PLAYMOBIL
- WALIKI Toys Ages 16-101 (Adults, 29 ) Pink
- Cheerwing 1 16 2.4Ghz 4WD High Speed RC Off-Road Monster Truck Brushed Remote Control Car, Red New Ver.
- Egyptian Bronze Scarab Box Collectible Figurine Container
- Bulk Buy Littleton 50 State Commemorative Quarter Coin Collection Folder 1999 2008 LCF3 (3-Pack)
- Modern Printing Elastic Stretch All-Inclusive Sofa Cover Tight Wrap Washable Universal Furniture Couch Cover for Living Room color 23, 1seater 90-140cm
- Max Factory [Kantai Collection] figma Akagi (Non-scale ABS & PVC painted finished figure) with a bonus 'Damaged Deck' part (Japan Import)
- Vocaloid Graphig 057 Hatsune Miku 11cm Paper Craft
- Simba 106830690 - My Music World Girls Standing Keyboard
- Farmerly Folding Sofa Bed Cover Tight All-Inclusive Slip-Resistant Sofa Cover Elastic Stretch Slipcover Sofa Length Between 165 and 185cm color 5, D 165 to 185cm
- Hollow Butterfly Silhouette Zircon Brooch pin Badge pin Brooch pin Badge pin Collar Fashion Coat Jacket Suits Business Suits
- Generic Enlighten Building Block War of Glory Castle Knights Confrontation 2 Figures 250pcs Educational Bricks Toy Boy Gift
- Stupell Industries The Dancer Portrait Framed Giclee Texturized Art, Proudly Made in USA
- T.S SC manifold (FW-05R RR) VSW053-02 (japan import)
- TERA The Exiled Realm of Arborea Elin School Swimwear Version Figure
- Maisto Builder Zone Quarry Monsters Mixer - Grey & Yellow
- Marvel Legends Series 15 Modok Series Wasp Action Figure by Toy Biz
- Wonder Woman Movie - Wonder Woman Mini Bust
- Luxury Super Soft Blanket Purple Flower Growing on Crack Street Soft Focus Perfect for Couch Sofa or Bed Cool Quilt
- AUTOart Porsche 356 Num 1 1 18 Scale
- Funko Pop Game of Thrones Lord Varys Vinyl Figure (Includes Pop Box Predector Case)
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn