SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Star Attack of The Clones Zam Wesell Bounty Hunter with Reveal Mask Action Figure Face Wars nnysdz2689-New toy
- NICI Sesame Street Pillowe Elmo Head 28 x 24 cm, Plush
- Farmerly Elasticity Dustproof Sofa Cover Stretch Furniture Cover Solid Couch Armchair Sofa Predetor Slipcovers Chaise Sofa Abdeckung Coffee, Single
- color09 60 x62 Inch BelleAckerman Mattress Blanket Music,Retro Pop Art Style Music Icons Casette Tapes Records Rock Headphones DJ Kids Image, Multicolor Warm Couch Bed Throws Blanket 50 x60
- Stainless Steel Strip .012 X 1 2, Carded by K&S Engineering
- VPKJewelry Amber Teething Oval Bracelet Babies Anti Inflammatory Drooling Pain Reduce Properties Multi-color Baltic
- Green Schwinn Burst Toddler Helmet
- Magic the Gathering Noble Purpose Eighth Edition
- Wind Power Slip Ring 2 3 4 5 6 Channel 5 10 15 30A redate Dining Table Slipring Electric Collector Rings SRC-22-0230A 6 Channel 30A
- Kids Castle Tent For Kids Play As A Boy And Girl Toy For Birthday And Christmas Indoor And Outdoor Portable Sun Shade Instant Tent for Beach
- Magic floater globe 14 cm
- Great Gizmos Meadow Kids Fruit Bath Stickers
- Generic 50pcs The Horror Theme Movie Hockey Guy Hockey Mask Hunter-Black Friday Jason Scream Killer Building Blocks Hobby Toys for Boys WM323
- Forever Friends 32 Santa Bear
- Yxsd Step Stools, Solid Wood Step Stool Multifunction Rural Practical Wooden Bench Double Layer Step Stool
- JTWMY Toy Model Game Character Watch Pioneer Souvenir Collectibles Crafts Gifts Mercenary 28cm Toy statue
- Jacket+pants+shirt L(165-172cm) 5'6 JapanAnimeCosplayExcellent Men,s Hoodie Zip-up Pocket Everyday use World Anime Sports Jacket
- Camel Coffee Floral Plush Sofa Cover Quilting slipcovers Cheap Furniture Couch Covers Sofa Predector capa de Sofa fundas SP3308 Camel, 110cm180cm 1piece
- The Stupell Home Decor Collection Better Days are Coming Saturday Sunday Funny Typography Oversized Wall Plaque Art, 12.5 x 0.5 x 18.5, Multicolor
- Single Cotton Quilt Cover,Reversible Duvet Cover 100% Cotton Bedding 1piece 400tc Simple Soft Wrinkle＆Fade Resistant Gift-W 180x220cm(70.8x86.6inch)
- KKXXYD Romantic Gift Unicorn 3D Led Table Lamp 7 color Change Night Light Room Decor Holiday Girlfriend Kids Toys
- Herpa 500 Scale HE527262 1-500 Arkia Israel ATR72-500
- 5 Black Red Multicolour Educational, Antique Globe with Brass Antique Arc and Base, World Globe, Home Decor, Office Decor, Gift Item by Globes Hub
- LA-X 1 43 Toyota 86 TRD performance line sterling silver (japan import)
- Alimpink Evie, Pink Medallion, 17
- -end labor-saving garden tools pruners made of stainless steel for gardening Fruit tree secateurs shears tool
- ACZZ Solid Wood Folding Computer Table Dining Table Wall-Mounted Study Desk Wall Table Multiple Sizes
- Pop Decors PT-0234-Vb Wall Decals and Stickers Elvish Monkey 47-Inch Width Kids Bedroom Decals Printed Monkey Stickers
- Orimupasu made shiny fur 40g about 80m col.5 5 ball set (japan import)
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn