SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
50 Cnt Teal Whale Splash Baby Shower Thank You Cards by MyExpression nnyfnb4189-New toy
- AA Solid wood mobile table, portable side table mobile desk workstation with pulley black white Home (color E)
- WEATLY Vintage Rivet Long Nose Bird Mask Beak Medieval Steampunk Halloween Party Masquerade Costume Props 3colors Available
- Step Stool Stair Chair Seats Wooden Solid Wood Dual-use Climb 3 Step Ladder Widened Safety shoes Bench Storage Shelf Kitchen Indoor Ascend Home Modern
- Windsor & Newton Cotman with Hafupan 12 colors Suihitsu
- Stool Wooden stool Change shoe bench Coffee table stool Solid wood Square Household (redwood) (Size 28 28 26cm)
- Skip wig attractive cosplay arrange wig Feather Long Light Purple specializing in sharp small face
- STREET FIGHTER PVC STATUE WITH SOUND & LED RYU 17CM
- 2012 HOT WHEELS '41 WILLYS TREASURE HUNT 1 15
- Outdoor Wood Folding Chair Leisure Beech Beach Lounge Chair Fishing Chair Self Driving Picnic Table Chair,Easy to Store and Transport,Versatility
- Storm Collectibles Street Fighter V Arcade Edition Akuma (Nostalgic Costume) 1 12 Action Figure
- Black WANGKM RC Drone,640p HD Camera FPV Live Video RC Quadcopter, GPS Return Home Function, Follow Me and Altitude Hold, Drone for Beginners, Kids and Adults
- Magic the Gathering - Primeval Titan (156 249) - Modern Masters 2015 - Foil
- Hobbypark 08029 Dogbones 89.5mm & Stub Wheel Axle Drive Shaft For 1 10 Redcat HSP Exceed Replacement
- Mtxc yellow Arc Cosplay Prop Crocea Mors Sword White
- 2.1m GLJJQMY Folding Ladder Home Multi-Function Ladder Portable Engineering Straight Ladder Herringbone Ladder Shrinking Formula Aluminum Alloy (Size 3.7m)
- Tight Wrap All-Inclusive Sofa Cover Spandex Elastic Stretch Predector Slipcover Covers Removable Without Armrest Sofa Bed Couch 23, 160-195cm No Armrest
- [Ken-Tex] Kentex watch Marin Man Seahorse II S706M-13 Men's
- Moebius Flying Sub Assessory Kit for MMK817
- The Stupell Home Decor bluee and Red Coffee Collage Words with Cups and Beans Wall Plaque Art 12x18 Multi-color
- Bachmann 63808 HO F7B, C&O New by Bachmann Trains
- Cheerson CX-10 CX10 Mini 2.4G 4CH 6 Axis LED RC Quadcopter RTF(color Random)
- Collect Authentic Pete Sampras Autographed Glossy 8x10 Photo - COA PS59837
- 30Th Cranberry & White Bling Sparkle Birthday Party Personalised Invitations Invites & Envelopes
- Jeopardy 25th Anniversary Edition
- MRT64801 1 48 Merit US Navy Elco 24m Motor Patrol Torpedo Boat Late Type [Model Building KIT]
- 13th Birthday,Outdoor Curtains Cute and Sweet colorful Burning Candles Number Thirteen Party Objects Print 42 X54 Indo Treatment Panes
- Xhabb 5D DIY Diamond Painting Living Room Decorative Painting Diamond Painting DIY Cartoon Princess 5D Full Diamond Cross Stitch 30X40Cm
- QYSZYG Large Dog BiteResistant Interactive Knot Toy BoneShaped Cotton Rope Interactive Rope Ball bluee, Green, Red Optional pet Toy (color bluee)
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn