SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
(Black) - Super Gibus (Black) nnyfnb689-Novelty & Gag Toys
- 1996 Toy Story 16 Pull String Talking Woody
- Zoomy far Style Beige Cotton ed Sofa Cover Slip canape niture Couch sectional fundas de Sofa SP3751 per pic, 110cm110cm
- Trademark Fine Art Vapor 2 by June Erica Vess, 14x14
- Topps 2007 Draft Picks And Prospects Football HOBBY Box - 24p5c
- XavieraDoherty Outdoor Blanket,Ahoy Its a Boy,Ahoy Written with Nautical Wheel Striped Nursery Wall Art Design,bluee Pale bluee White,300GSM,Super Soft and Warm,Durable Throw Blanket 35 x60
- Up North Memorabilia Jamie Dornan Signed Framed 16x12 Photo Autograph Display 50 Shades of Grey + COA
- Caoyu Vintage bookshelf, multifunctional wall storage shelf wrought iron solid wood partition pipe rack Bookcase storage shelf
- Filmcells Batman The Dark Knight Minicell Framed Art (S12)
- GMT Games A World at War
- Elati ofa Over et for lig Room ofa Towel Lip-reitant ofa for treh ofa lipover o7, 4-Eater 235-300m
- Elastic Sofa Cover Sofa Slipcovers Cheap Cotton Sofa Covers for Living Room Sofa Slipcover Sofa Covers 1 2 3 4 Seater 015, Two Seater
- Crescent Coloured Mat Board 14 ply - 80cm x 100cm - Pack of 10 - White
- Pinky 22 Inch 55cm Lifelike Reborn Baby Dolls Soft Silicone Doll Realistic Looking Newborn Baby Dolls Black Skin Girl Real Touch Indian African Toddler with Toy Birthday Xmas Gift
- Farmerly 1pcs Deer Christmas Soft Stretch Sofa Cover Home Decor Spandex Furniture Covers Decoration Covering Hotel Slipcover 58121 U, Two seat
- Farmerly Spandex Elastic Geometric Universal Sofa Cover L-Shape Slipcovers All-Inclusive Predector Stretch Single Couch Case Living Room 13, Four-Seater
- HOL Slip Ring Hole Diameter 12.7mm 2 4 6 Circuits 10A Slip Ring for Camera Pan Tilt Robot Electric Equipment 4 Circuits 10A
- CZZ Wall Table Portable Laptop Table Lazy Table Foldable, Wood-Based Panel, 4 colors
- Bratz Bratz On The Mic Boyz Doll Thad
- 'Ll Mozi Gurashi Komakura (Cat)
- Nitroplus Masters Card EX by Hobby JAPAN
- bluee 38 Xinantime Womens Summer High Wedge Beach Sandals Rhinestone Bohemia Flip-Flops Slipper
- White Crab Pattern by Lightboxjournal, 14x14-Inch
- Inflatable Beach Ball Party Favor
- Disney Princess Bell Beauty & Beast Sleeping Plush Doll 237966
- Single Two Three Four-Seater Sofa Covers Cotton Slip-Resistant Sofa Slipcover Couch Cover for Living Room Sofa Towel Home Decor 03, Two Seater Sofa
- RenteriaDecor Groovy，Bed Blankets Heart Peace Symbol Flower Power Political Hippie Cheerful colors Festival Joyful 60 x50 Thin Mechanical Wash Blankets Multicolor
- Maisto 531281m 1 24 Scale audi R8 Model Car
- TV anime Code Realize Genesis princessSisi Nemunemu cushion of
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn