SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Couture Barbie Serenade in Satin nnyfnb1023-New toy
- My Hero Academia roar acrylic stand Hanami ver
- MaxTronic RC Excavator, 2.4G 1 14 Remote Control Construction Toy Bulldozer Vehicle Model Engineering Car Toys for Kids
- 3 Twin yiranjiafang Unicorn Series 3D Bedding Set Print Duvet Cover Set Lifelike Bed Sheet (4, Twin)
- LI JING SHOP - green Acrylic Mahjong card, Home Hand rubbing large Mahjong, size L-3.7 2.8 2.2CM ( color 002 , Size L-188.8.131.52CM )
- Music box - unpainted 3 angels - painted and harp 15.0 cm Music box NEW
- Handmade Letter Pillow Letter Cushion Nursery Decor Throw Pillows Gifts for Girl
- Star Wars Air Hogs Tie Fighter Drone
- 3dpink qs_107393_4 Texas State Flag Quilt Square, 12 x 12
- bluee 510m LPKH Tarpaulin Rainproof PVC Tarpaulin Truck Tarp Sheet Tarpaulin Ground Sheet Cover Camping Tarp (color bluee, Size 5 10m)
- 100x50cm Qing MEI Household Wall-Mounted Folding Table Corner Laptop Table Solid Wood Desk Small Folding Table Kitchen Shelf - 14 Sizes (Size 75x50cm)
- Cat Sculpture Black Paperraz 3D Dog Sculpture Animal Building Puzzle Low Poly PaperCraft Kit for Adults & Teens - NO Scissors Needed
- Intelligent Reading Glasses Progressive Multi-focal Male Far And Near Dual-use Zoom Double Light Anti-fatigue ( color BLACK , Size 350 DEGREES )
- CB Drums 3640 Practice Pad with Stand
- Gundam UC - Sinanju Full Graphic T-shirt (White)
- LPKH Tarpaulin Waterproof Tarpaulin, Tricycle Truck Tarp Waterproof Sunscreen Rain Tarpaulin Ground Sheet Cover,TARPAULINS (color bluee, Size 5x8M)
- Monster High Frights Camera Action Black Carpet Clawdeen Wolf Doll
- MUSEUM OF ARTS, BOSTON by MUSEUM OF ARTS, BOSTON
- WWE Sting 12 Action Figure
- Ocamo YH-19HW JDRC JD-20 JD20 DK20 3.7V 800mAh Battery for YH-19HW RC Foldable RC Quadcopter DIY Drone Accessories 3cps
- NANIH home Simple European solid wood sofa stool coffee table stool stool multifunctional stool
- Professor Puzzle GS0343US Family Games How Smart are You
- 11-8 Foreign Trade rt gold-Plated Copper Diamond Pearl Butterfly Brooch pin Badge Vintage Baroque
- Ycco Drone With 1080P HD Camera Live Video, Brushless Motors Follow Me Mode 120° Wide Angle Altitude Hold One Key Return Easy To Fly Quadcopter For Adults and Beginners Model High
- Interesting Creative Party Favors fruit Theme pineapple Bottle Openers party or Wedding Bottle Openers for your Wedding or Birthday Party Favors Souvenir Gift (40pcs)
- Flowers Anti-Dirty Armchairs Sofa Predector Slipcover Pet Predection Soft Elastic Couch Seat Cover Decoration Stretch Sofa Cover Transparent, Two Seater
- color02 60 x78 Inch BelleAckerman Fleece Blanket Kids,Transportation Themed Toy Vehicles and Icons Pattern on Stripes and Fluffy Clouds, Multicolor Microfiber All Season Blanket for Bed or Couch Multicolor 50 x60
- Traction Board, Tough And Durable, All-terrain Rescue, Thick Aluminum Alloy, Easy To Carry (Size 81x20.5x2.3cm)
- Black Stories 4 sweetness modest, even where the black 50 story
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn