SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Sofa for Summer Couch Slipcover Cheap Furniture Predector Cool Feeling Covers for Sofas for Living Room Bing LAN, 70x90cm 1pc Couch Cover nnyfnb2189-New toy
- White Mountain Puzzles Cardinals and Friends - 550 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle
- MTS 985V 4 4 Size Violin Case
- Beistle 66777-5 48-Pack Plastic Junior Firefighter Hats, Red
- Size 8 1 2 x 2 Solid Tyre Mijia Scooter Replacement Tyre Xiaomi Electric Scooter Spare Airless Tire 8.5x2 Rubber Tire for M365 Scooter
- LEGO Super Heroes Marvel Minifigure - Captain America (Age of Ultron Version)
- Step Stool Stair Chair Seats Wooden Staircase Stepladder Dual-use Climb 4-step Foldable Shelving Ladder Storage Shelf Household Kitchen Indoor Ascend shoes Rack
- SY COMPACT Lunch Bag with Zip Closure Lunch Tote Bag for Men Women and Kids Lunch Box Insulated (Coffee)
- Orion Lipo Carbon Pro 4s - 4800-110c-14.8v -TUBES (457g)
- Alex Toys Rub a Dub Floaty Fountain Penguins
- Chatons of Swarovski Elements PP21 (Palace Green Opal), 1440 Pieces (10 Gross)
- IIWOJ 55cm Reborn Baby Doll Simulation Cute Big-Eyed Silicone Doll
- Fashion Printing Predective All-Inclusive Elastic Slipcovers Corner Sofa Covers Sectional Sofa Cover Spandex Stretch Couch Cover 21, Four Seater
- Sportagraphs Alan Taylor SIGNED FRAMED Photo Autograph 16x12 display West Ham Football COA PERFECT GIFT
- Forum Novelties Lobster Mascot Costume Red
- Coolibar UPF 50+ Men's Tech Swim Trunks - Sun Predective (Small- Navy)
- HM2 120 Degree Wide Angle Four-axis Aircraft 720 Hd Camera Altitude Fixed Gravity Sensor Smart Battery Long Control Distance
- Modern tyle Grey quted ofa Lip otton etional ofa Over funda de ofa ouh AMA for lig Room P4886 Grey per pi, 90m90m
- Welly Mini Cooper 1 18 Red
- color04 60 x62 Inch BelleAckerman Weighted Blanket for Kids Flower,Doodle Style colorful Floral Design with Dark Toned Background with Scattered Dots,Multicolor Indoor Outdoor, Comfortable for All Seasons 50 x60
- Great Planes Switch Charge Jack Mounting Set GPMM1000
- Talbot Lago T 150CSS Coupe 1937
- Iwata-Medea Com-Art color Kit, Kit E Transparent Primary
- Hot Topic Marvel Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 2 Star-Lord Collectors Gallery Statue
- Transformers Toys Universe Deluxe Special Edition Boxed Drag Strip SE-03
- Shiver-stone castle – The card game
- Trademark Fine Art ALI4513-W1111BMF Ceil yellow I by color Bakery, Black Matte, Wood Frame 11x11
- WinfreyDecor Alien Super Soft Blankets Carnival of Beasts Cartoon Monsters with Different Art Styles Out of This World Theme Bedroom Warm 60 Wx51 L Multicolor
- Best Rope Chain 5MM Fashion Jewelry Necklaces Made of Real 24K gold on SemiPrecious Metals Thick Layers Make it Tarnish Resistant 100% FREE Looks Solid (18.0)
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn