SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Trademark Art WAG00287-C1414GG Stained Glass Floral Ii by June Erica Wall Decor, Multicolor, 14x14 Vess Fine nncpsk5034-New toy
- Rucksack popular high school students leisure backpack Women Men fashionable 15 inch PC corresponding large capacity 20L usb laptop backpack school commuting Outdoor S & D
- Blade Hobbies 1 10 Rc Car 60A Brushless Esc 540 Size 10T 3900Kv Motor Prog Card Upgrade Combo
- Folding Steps Solid Wood Deformable Ladder Stool Multifunctional Flip Foldable Design Step Stools Black Household Folding Chair with 4 Steps (color D)
- Wanxinfu Cozy Warm Lightweight Microfiber Throw Blankets,Soft Reversible Flannel Fleece Bed Throw Ombre Pineapple,Luxury Fuzzy Blankets for Adults Girls Kids Boys Dogs Couch,39''W x 49''L
- 3pcs 3D Print Dream Catcher Moon Pattern Duvet Cover Pillow Cases Bedding Set(4 )
- Fujimi ID-164 Nissan Fairlady 240Z Full Works 1 24 Scale Kit (japan import)
- ChuangYing 5 Piece Wall Art red Candle Oil Painting Wall Sticker Canvas Print Decorative Wall Sticker
- Weighted Blanket for Kids，Dragonfly,Dragonfly Forms High Detailed Ornate Irregular Macro Retro Simplistic Artsy Print,Pink bluee,Weighted Blanket for Adults Kids, Better Deeper Sleep 35 x60
- OFloral Eiffel Tower Throw Blanket France Eiffel Tower Flower Red color in Garden Paris Decorative Soft Warm Cozy Blankets Home Decor for Bed Chair Sofa Couch 50x60 Inch
- Dharma Tehen yarn craft club 30g 75m col.3 5 ball set
- LEGO DUPLO Jake Peter Pan's Visit 10526 Building Toy
- Ty Monstaz Roxy Plush Toy, Pink Stripe, Large by Ty Monstaz
- Monkey Business Sports Foam Strike Compound Bow X2 3 Extra Arrows (The color of arrows and holder may vary) by Foam
- Standard Hot Wheels Criss Cross Crash Track Set
- Duvatex Ladybird Storage Bed Mattress (PO20)
- Disney Pixar Cars Exclusive 3 Pack - Mater Saves Christmas - Santa Car, Whee-Hoo Winter Mater & Holiday Hotshot Lightning McQueen
- Gibraltar 6709NL No-Leg Cymbal Boom Stand
- Generic 1 Set MA AR S2 MS FM Chassis Modification Spare Parts Set Kit J-Cup Version for Tamiya Mini 4WD RC Car Model FM Black
- Pack of 96 Disposable Red and bluee Medieval Dinner Plates 9
- Bruder 2751 Man TGA Construction Truck and Liebherr Excavator by ToyMarket
- Pokemon Center Original stuffed sleeping soundly Blacky
- Rebuild of Evangelion New Cinema Version Rei T-shirt bluee (L)
- color15 30 x50 Inch Wearable Blanket Grandma,to The Best Grandmother in The World Quote Monochrome Hand Lettering Illustration,Black White Weighted for Adults Kids, Better Deeper Sleep 50 x60
- color15 52 W x 63 L Decor Room Darkening Wide Curtains Kids,Cute Monsters Pattern Dinosaurs Caricature Cartoon Style Funny Creature Playroom Print,Multicolor,Insulating Room Darkening Blackout Drapes 42 x54
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn