SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Cheekbone Electronics Toy,DIY Circuits kit for Kit Toy 335 Science Kids,Educational nncpsk5701-New toy
- Basic Grey Herbs & Honey Clear Stamps By Hero Arts-Cool As A Cucumber
- Kato 6044 Diesel Car Kiha 110 100
- English true Gakuen high school winter uniforms Size M
- Xaviera Doherty Summer Blanket Cactus,Latino Foliage Pattern Weighted Blanket for Adults Kids, Better Deeper Sleep 35 x60
- Rivet Wars Terrain Pack by Cool Mini or Not
- Trademark Fine Art WAG00207-C1414GG Map of Scotland by T. Jeffreys, 14x14-Inch, 14x14, Multicolor
- LEGO 10157 HIGH SPEED TRAIN LOCOMOTIVE
- Rugs Stair Carpet Footpad Doormat Non-Slip Long Blanket Stair pad Carpet mat Rectangle Carpet Family (color Black, Size B 30 100 cm)
- Laliva 10pcs lot JN propellers 4.1X4.1E 4.5x4.5E 4.75x4.75E 5x5E 6X4E 7X5E 8x4E 9x3.8E 6X3E 8x6E for Rc Airplane RC Qu - (color 7 X 5E)
- Cleared up box which can play spread Anpanman (japan import)
- Doctor Who Titans 10th Doctor Gallifrey Blind Box Figure
- Floral Printing Elastic Spandex Slipcovers Sectional Sofa Cover Stretch All-Inclusive Sofa Towel Couch Cover Living Room 5, Four-Seater
- Modern Style Plaid Quilted Sofa Cover Summer Spring Linen slipcovers for Living Room Furniture sectional Couch Covers SP5127 Green per pic, 90cm120cm
- LEGO City Mining Experts Site 60188 Building Kit (883 Piece)
- RC Boat Metal Water Rudder 75mm 95mm 110mm Aluminum Brushless Electric Boat 4 110mm Dual Water Rudder Steering Wheel Assembly 110mm Silver
- Titanium Shock Mount Kit Losi 22,22 SCT,22.2
- Sushi Go Card Game with Free Deck of Brybelly Playing Cards
- QXHELI Folding Stool, Portable Folding Solid Wood Non-slip Durable for Outdoor Home
- Learning Carpets Playful Road Play Carpet, 27 x 60
- Tamiya 1 35 Russian Tank Destroyer SU 122
- FILIPPO LIPPI Ave Maria Silver Coin 500 Francs Cameroon 2017
- HBZY Toy Statue Toy Model Movie Character Gift Decoration High 30.5cm Collector Doll
- BelleAckerman Baby Blanket Astrology,Square Shape with Inner Details Zodiac Hgoldscope Symbols and Constellations Art,Multicolor Comfortable Soft Material,give You Great Sleep 35 x60
- 40″ 48″ Foldable Fitness Trampoline for Body Exercise and Cardio Workouts, for Indoor and Garden Gym Fitness Trampoline, Weight Capacity 200kg
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn