SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
RC Logger Board suitable NovaX 350 Multicopter-GPS for nniyag7870-New toy
- 1PC Elastic Sofa Towel Furniture Predector Sofa Stretch Tightly Wrap All-Inclusive Slip-Resistant Corner Sofa Cover 1 2 3 4-Seat color 5, 2seater 145-185cm
- Mul 1 - 20 Minibeast Outdoor Counting Boards Ref C7705
- LPKH Tarpaulin Rainproof Cloth Green Tarp Sheet Thick Tarpaulin Canvas Waterproof Sunscreen Tarpaulin Truck Car Tarpaulin Awning Cloth Insulation Outdoor (Size 3x4M)
- Clue Linen Book Vintage Edition Board Game
- MG Mobile Suit Gundam Z ADVANCE OF Z to the original flag of - Titans 1 100 Gundam TR-1 [Heizuru Break] Plastic (Hobby online shop only)
- Gundam Seed Destiny Lunamaria Hawke 1 7 scale resin figure by B-CLUB
- Kato 2012 C55 Steam Locomotive With Montetsu Type Def
- Iceberg Costume INTERO CON Logo TG.44
- 1x1m LPKH Tarpaulin Transparent Tarpaulin Thickened Waterproof Plastic Sheet Window Balcony Crop Tarp Sheet Shade Cloth (Size 4x6M)
- Shamisen-ya Yuji deadly Figure Collection Hissatsu Shigotojin (Japan import The package and the manual are written in Japanese)
- Pokemon Center Original Narikiri cap Zekrom
- Eyed Irish Seven Suites Kara Kore BOX products 1BOX = 8 pieces all eight
- blueeShirt Hawaiian The Monkey Collectible Toy, blueeshirt, 23
- Norev NV155654 No Diecast Model
- Chu x Chu Idol Chua Churam [1 8 Scale PVC] by Alter
- [Handmade made in Japan, new, craftsman] [leather] VANCA story KH Chain Ebisu (japan import)
- Kotobukiya Pokemon Center Original Lively Lillie and Clefairy Ani Statue
- Carbon Fiber Chassis Set for 1 10 Sakura XIS RC Racing Sport Car Black
- 101 Badminton, Competition Training Badminton, 12 Packs 77 Speed
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn