SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Medium 7-8 Merida Prestige Disney Princess Brave Disney Pixar Costume, Medium 7-8 nnkuij3356-Costumes
Disney Princess - Brave (Disney/Pixar)
Officially Licensed Product
- Free Shipping RC Boat Model Propeller 6717 4-Blades Copper Propeller for RC Gasoline Boat Diameter 67mm Pitch 1.7 Right Left Positive
- Thea Gouverneur 16 Count Counted Cross Stitch Kit, 23-5 8 by 17-3 4-Inch, Cow on Aida
- ZSPPPP Binoculars High-Definition Low-Light Low-Light Night Vision Glasses 20x22 Binoculars
- Moslion Flamingo Throw Blanket Watercolor Pink Bird Wildlife Animal Flamingos in Water Blanket Home Decorative Flannel Warm Travel Blankets 50x60 Inch for Couch Bed Pink bluee
- Trampolines Foldable Kids Fitness Trampolines with Safety Pad, Indoor Adult Exercise Bounce Equipment, 40 inch, Max Load 150 kg, colors Optional
- Star Trek The Original Series U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 Bobble Head Ship
- ZPWSNH Multifunctional Engineering Ladder Folding Step Stool Home Extension Ladder Thickening Ladder Ladder Black Step stool (color 5 step)
- Farmerly KISS Queen 1PC Elastic Sofa Cover Furniture Predector Sofa strentch Tightly wrap All-Inclusive Slip-Resistant Corner Couch Cover c03, 190-230cm
- Plaid Sofa Slipcovers for Couch Velvet Furniture Covers for Sectional Sofa Slip-Resistant Thick Sofa Cover Towel for Living Room 5, 90 120cm
- Fast Inflatable Sleeping Daybed Air Camping Sofa Portable Beach Nylon Lazy Chair
- White 9.5 W US Naturalizer Womens Taimi Taimi
- C HBZY American-Style Wine Rack Decoration TV Wine Cabinet Living Room Wine Cabinet Decoration Jewelry Modern Crafts Decorations (color B)
- Slipcovers Sofa Tight wrap All-Inclusive Slip-Resistant sectional Elastic Full Sofa Cover Towel Single Two Three Four-Seater Burgundy, 70 70cm
- Tulip ETIMO with pattern key needle set Royal Silver TES-001
- Bernie mev. Women's Fame Silver Grey Sandal 41 (US Women's 10.5) M
- O.S. Engines 72108130 Flex Pipe FS70-91S 70U FL70 FS81A 1111D Vehicle Part, 330mm
- Wings of Glory Coast Game Mat by Ares Games (English Manual)
- Toy Happy Easter Stickers Window Decor Decoration Autocollants Bunny
- (3 EA) colorD WOODEN LETTERS
- American Muscle 1 18 Ford Mustang King Cobra 1972 (japan import)
- Lavello Sheer Designer Vest, Coral White Damask, One Size
- Kotobukiya Valkyrie Legend Of Valkyrie - Plastic Model Kit
- Generic DOIT IR Obstacle Avoidance Kit with Arduino UNO R3 Board+Motor Drive Board+IR Obstacle Avoidance Sensor+Active Buzzer DIY RC Kit
- Ghana 300 different stamps Ghana goldküste (Stamps for collectors)
- Playmobil 6672 Summer Fun Water Park Splish Splash Cafe
- Trademark Fine Art IC00018-C1414GG Midcentury Flight by Emilia Aran, 14x14 Multiple
- Tamiya RC Tool Set - 8pcs (japan import)
- Ideal Bible Trivia Game by Ideal
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn