SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
321-based three-car basic set N gauge 10-1121 JR Kyoto Line and Kobe line by Kato nnkuij4356-New toy
- Zoomy far 22-Styles Sofa Cover Sectional Capa de Sofa Elastic Sofa Printed Slipcover Couch Cover for Lig Room 14, Three Seat
- Marvel Legends Series The Thing 6 inches Action Figure
- WWE Elite Collection James Ellsworth Figure - Series 55
- Hampton Nautical Decorative bluee Jacket Lifering, 20
- YuGiOh BOSH-EN055 1st Ed Aegaion the Sea Castrum Common Card - ( Breakers of Shadow ) by Deckboosters
- Kids Tea & Coffee Play Set
- Starabu UdiR C UDI001 33cm 2.4G Rc Boat 20km h Max Speed with Water Cooling System 150m Remote Distance Toy
- Electro with Lightning Blast - The Spectacular Spider-Man Animated Series Action Figure
- HK Lifelike Realistic Baby Doll, 16-inch Adorable Soft Washable Drink & Wet Baby Doll with Hairs & Outfits, Great Dreams Gift Set & Creative Play for Toddlers & Preschoolers
- [Bloom] Bloom K10 Yellow gold Diamond Bracelet AGBY10073917
- What lottery premium Magical Girl Lyrical most The MOVIE 2nd A's first bullet B award Fate Testarossa Premium Figure (japan import)
- TAGLN Large Stuffed Animals Tiger Toys Plush Big (Brown Lying, 27 Inch)
- Slip-On Fastener Pen Case M Bt Leather orange Inl-3601
- Inspirational Classrooms 7971810cm Rigid Gridded Write N Wipe Board
- Espresso Finish Premium Set Viper Metropolitan Solid Wood Cabinet & Sisal Bristle Dartboard Ready-to-Play Bundle with Steel-Tip Darts, Integrated Storage, Dry Erase Scoreboard & Out-Chart in Multiple Stain Options
- Hasegawa A-4E F Skyhawk 1 48 Scale Military Model Kit
- Magformers Standard Super Magformers Set (30-Pieces)
- Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood Friend Daniel Tiger Plush by Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood [Toy]
- Scooter Three Wheel Kick Frog Scissors, Foldable Stunt with Light Handbrake and Bell Red
- SOSAM Grasshopper Rubber Toys (5 Piece. )
- SUPVOX 39Inch Dual Adjustable Shoulder Strap Acoustic Guitar Gig Bag Waterproof Soft Case Cover (orange)
- Toy Story Andy's Toys Gift Pack
- Craft Accents Black Pro Craft Quilting Storage Case - HK3101
- Yuenhoang 10PCS Aluminum Alloy 20mm 22mm 25mm 28mm 30mm 35mm 40mm Pipe Clamp Tubing Clip Carbon Tube Clips for Plant UAV Drone 10PCS red 40mm
- Be82aene Fur Halloween pug Mask moving mouth Animal Party Mask for Party Animal Nose Mask (color Light yellow, Size 25 25)
- Letter U,Blankets Capital U with Daisy Petals Ladybug Garden Blossoms Girls Nursery Theme Lightweight Plush Throws W60 x L50 inch
- 42cm × 55cm × 68cm Folding Step Stool Solid Wood Ladder Chair Multi-function Kitchen Stool Ascending 3 4 5 Layer Portable Ladder for Family Loft Library Dual-use Max Load 150kg
- Gundam Seed MSIA GuAIZ Actionn Figure
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn