SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
100 Grams Ivory Ceylon 4x7mm Miyuki Long Magatama Japanese 800 Glass Fringe Seed Beads nnkuij856-New toy
- BRIO 33549 Wooden Railway System Car Transporter
- Mariana 23439 Light Peach with Light Green Swarovski Crystal pink gold Plated Bracelet 7 -8
- Xaviera Doherty Summer Blanket Casino,Playing Card Suits Gambler Weighted Blanket for Adults Kids, Better Deeper Sleep 35 x60
- Home Wall Decorations Art Decor Modern,Natural Floral Japanese Style Garden Cherry Blossom Sakura Tree Butterfly Nature,Pastel Pink Yellow for Boys Room Baby Nursery Wall Decor Kids Room Boys Gift 48
- Trademark Fine Art WAG00287-C1414GG Stained Glass Floral Ii by June Erica Vess Wall Decor, Multicolor, 14x14
- Trefl Puzzle Snow White Disney (180 Pieces)
- Flexipan Quenelle 0.68 Oz, 67mm x 38mm x 27mm Deep (25 8 x 17 16 x 11 16 Deep), 43 Cavities by Demarle
- Final Fantasy Creatures Figurine Set - Yunalesca & Cerberus
- Model car Model Car Maserati 3200GT Model 1 18 Scale Model Die-casting Model Alloy Model Static Model Ornaments Gift Decoration ( color RED )
- BLDC brushless DC sensored Motor Outrunner 30-70V Large 8092 70KV with Hall Sensor for RC Hobby Electric Bicycle Scooter
- MXK Family Swimming Paddling Pool Rectangular Inflatable Floating Row Summer Garden Beach Entertainment 254x168x97CM
- LEGO Star Wars Geonosian Starfighter 7959 (155 pcs)
- The Westminster Collection DC Comics Premium Stamps Capsule Boxed Edition
- Floral Print Slipcover L Sectional Sofa Cover All-Inclusive Couch Case Tight Wrap Elastic 20181470, XL 235-300CM
- Clear 11 M US Pleaser Women's Delight-601-5 Platform
- Light Stax, Bausteine, Soccer (Characters)
- VISION 1 43 Porsche 911 (993) GT2 Street Ver. 1996 silver
- Weighted Blanket for Kids Retro,Classical Striped Pattern with Thick and Thin Lines Repetitive Geometric,Red Seafoam Sage Green for Bed & Couch Sofa Easy Care 35 x60
- Yummy World Double Scoop Twins 6.5 Bookmark
- YunNasi Plush Monkey Animal Toys Cuddle Orangutan for Girfriend Gifts (43 Inches)
- color15 30 x50 Inch BelleAckerman Plush Throw Blanket Zodiac Scorpio,Fashion Girl Silhouette with colorful Blossoming Floral Dress and Hairstyle, Multicolor Comfortable Soft Material,give You Great Sleep 50 x60
- John Deere Black,Silver or White semi with tractor or skid steer
- Prism Isotope French Military Kite, Mojito by Prism Kites
- Mega Bloks Skylanders Zeppelin Air Ship Assault
- X.A.M Japan A4104X43 520-43T sprocket A4104X43
- Weighted Blanket for Kids Rainforest,Idyllic Atmosphere in Tropical Jungle on Springtime Natural Relaxation Theme,Green Brown Microfiber All Season Blanket for Bed or Couch Multicolor 35 x60
- TaroHome Lion and Crocodile Hand-embroidered Honeycomb Fabric Cushion Cover, Tea color, 31.5 x 15.7inches
- Wise Elk Wooden Toy Wood Puzzle Tower, Organic Wooden Toy, 8 colorful Blocks
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn