SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Sofa for Summer Couch Slipcover Cheap Furniture Predector Cool Feeling Covers for Sofas for Living Room ju Huang, 80x210cm 1pc Couch Cover nnkuij1689-New toy
- Animal Head Mask Popular Cosplay Animals Mask Full Head Animal Mask Cosplay Carnival Costume Moving Mouth Dog Mask For Party For Party Fun Animal Mask Furry Mask ( color Black , Size 2525 )
- BloomerangDIY Unfinished Basswood Guitar Body Guitar Parts for SG Style 22 Frets Guitar
- Trademark Fine Art Stacked Around I by Grace Popp, 14x14
- Anyangeight Dragonfly, Digital Printing Blanket, Dragonfly Figure Over Little Circular Spots and Dots Kids Cartoon, Digital Printing Blanket, （W50 x L60 Inch Lime Green Pale bluee
- Kumkum Puzzle 45 Piece 3d Assembly Puzzles Yoshi by ensky
- Throw Blanket with Tuscan Decor Collection Tuscan House with Rustic Wooden Door and Flowers Image Living Kids Girls Room Dorm Accessories Yellow Pink Red Green Salmon Super Soft and Coz
- Bloody Wall Backdrop 4ft x 30ft (Standard) by CoolGlow
- Fate Hollow Ataraxia Saber Alter Maid Ver. 1 6 PVC Figure Hobby Japan Online-shop made by Alter
- Bettken Lunch Bag Llama Alpaca Unicorn Quote Insulated Reusable Lunch Box Portable Lunch Tote Bag Meal Bag Ice Pack for Kids Boys Girls Adult Men Women
- R J Sports Mens 9.5 Transport Cart Bag SP1115, Black Heather Grey, 9.5
- Identity Board Game in Tin by Pressman
- R J Sports Mens 9 Cart Bag RX0965, Charcoal orange, 9
- Hello CARBOT Star Pinner Korean Transformer Fighter Robot Toy - Delivery (within 7 days)
- Disney Ariel Dream Big Little Mermaid Birthday Party Tableware Pack Kit For 16
- HTIRC Hornet Fixed Wing Series 12A 20A 30A 40A(2-4S 2-6S) 60A 80A brushless ESC for RC Model Airplane Helicopter Parts 40A 2 to 4 S
- Pokemon TCG Sun and Moon Crimson Invasion Booster Box and Elite Trainer (New November 2017)
- Portable Backgammon Set A Nackgammon Game for Travel Outdoor or Family Party Roll up Design 10-Inch bluee Board
- Gibsons The Market Stall Jigsaw Puzzle (1000-Pieces)
- Beginners Bible Indoor Flannelboard Scene w Accessories (14 x25 )
- QINYAN-Home for Kids(80 x60 ) Summer Quilt Comforter Circle Conceptual Design Retro Style Circular Shapes Dots Spots Curvy Wavy Old Fashioned Multicolor.
- WOZO Dia De Los Muertos Skull Penguin Area Rug Rugs Non-Slip Floor Mat Doormats Living Room Bedroom 60 x 39 inches
- ArtWall ArtApeelz Dean Uhlinger California Paradise Removable Wall Art Graphic, 14 by 18-Inch
- Disney Pixar Cars Exclusive 155 Die Cast Car Final Lap Series Derek Decals Dobbs
- Star Wars Clone Trooper Plug and Play Video Game
- Kite - Box 18'' x 36 by Premier Kites
- ChuangYing 5 color Feather Landscape Wall affixed HD Printed Oil Painting Wall Sticker Modern Art Home Decoration Wall Sticker
- ZSYF Kite 3M Wolf Kite With100M Handle Line Kite Fabric Ripstop Kids Kites Better Kite Flying
- GRANDEUR (Grandeur) watch ESL035W2 Ladies
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn