SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
FPV RC Drone HD Live Video Wifi Camera And Headless Mode 2.4GHz 6-Axis Gyro Quadcopter With Altitude Hold One-Button Take Off And Landing,3Batteries With And nnkuij2189-New toy
- White Mountain Puzzles Cardinals and Friends - 550 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle
- MTS 985V 4 4 Size Violin Case
- Beistle 66777-5 48-Pack Plastic Junior Firefighter Hats, Red
- Size 8 1 2 x 2 Solid Tyre Mijia Scooter Replacement Tyre Xiaomi Electric Scooter Spare Airless Tire 8.5x2 Rubber Tire for M365 Scooter
- LEGO Super Heroes Marvel Minifigure - Captain America (Age of Ultron Version)
- Step Stool Stair Chair Seats Wooden Staircase Stepladder Dual-use Climb 4-step Foldable Shelving Ladder Storage Shelf Household Kitchen Indoor Ascend shoes Rack
- SY COMPACT Lunch Bag with Zip Closure Lunch Tote Bag for Men Women and Kids Lunch Box Insulated (Coffee)
- FairOnly 100 pcs lot Latex Round Balloons Thicken 12 inch 2.8 g Wedding Birthday Party Supplies Kids Toys orange 100
- Generic 100pcs Amass XT60E-M Male Plug Connector ForFPV Racing Models Multicopter Fixed Board DIY Spare Part
- 8x12m LPKH Tarpaulin Thickened Outdoor Tarp Ground Sheet Cover, Waterproof Sunscreen Tarpaulin Plastic Cloth Truck Tricycle Poncho (Size 4x5M)
- Green Amber Sterling Silver Simple Pendant
- HO RTR 50' Gondola w Canisters Load, CPR 340369 by Athearn
- 100% COL.23 Country mom plain (color cloth) 5m roll cotton (japan import)
- Vehicle series train my train of pad My full
- CGC 9.8 - SPIDER-GWEN 1 - 1 25 ANKA VARIANT COVER
- Lenox Holiday 2-Piece Dessert Server Set
- LPKH Tarpaulin Outdoor Tarpaulin Extra Heavy Duty Builders Waterproof Ground Sheet Cover Tent Trailer Cover Sun Predection Various Sizes, 450G M2 (Size 6 m × 4 m)
- Berlin (West) 140-154 (Complete.Issue.) with 140w and y 1957 Cityscapes (Stamps for Collectors)
- D-Z Chair Stool Step Stool Kitchen Portable Footstool Solid Wood Folding Step Stool Household Climbing Wooden Stool, Stool 1, a
- Luck Sky Weighted Blanket Easter Egg Blankets, Chevron Egg Polka Dot Easter Egg Flannel Blanket for Kids Baby Men Women Home Office Cars 40 x50
- color03 35 x60 Inch BelleAckerman Sand Blanket Cat,Smiley Cat Muzzle and Paw Prints Pattern on Cartoon Animal Themed Kitty Kids Nursery,Multicolor Super Soft Light Weight Cozy Warm Plush Hypoallergenic Blanket 50 x60
- Sweet Spring Barbie by Mattel
- Omniware 1100455 Hemisphere Mug with Thumb Rest Green Aqua
- Cloudy Bay Stair LightLED Stairway Indoor Outdoor Step Light3.5W 150 lumenETL CertifiedOil Rubbed Bronze
- Folio Game Series Marengo
- Moshi Monsters Moshlings Pencil Toppers Mr. Snoodle, Oddie, Scamp, Roxy & Humphrey
- Scenic Selections 1000pc. Puzzle-My Corner Garden
- Playgo Sing N Fly Musical Jet
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn