SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Disney Tsum Tsum Alice in Wonderland 3.5-Inch Mini Plush Exclusive Alice nnkuij2356-New toy
- Lyjfzkjgs Large Jumbo Inflatable Giant Sunglasses Yellow Duck On Rideable Blow Up Summer Fun Pool Toy Lounger Raft For Adults With Rapid Valves,Car Air Pump
- Anime Keychain Tokyo Olympic Games 2020 joc Dragon Ball One Piece Sailor Moon Naruto Pretty Astro Boy acrylic
- Trademark Fine Art WAG00230-C1414GG Floral Medallion Ii by Vision Studio Wall Decor, Multicolor, 14x14
- Round Card Holders with Carrying Storage Case, Black (6-Pack of 4)
- Pit Bull Tires RC PB9005NK 1.55 Growler at Extra with Komp Kompound Crawl Tire
- D DOLITY 1 24 Dollhouse Miniature DIY House Kits with Furniture Accessory DIY Handicrafts Project (Barbecue Shop & Beancurd Mill)
- Blesiya 1 6 Scale Rubber Skin Europena Shape Female Steel Body for 12inch Kumik Phicen Toys
- Echo Park 12 x 12 in. Paper Birthday Girl Stripes (25 sheets)
- (Colani 18 - Anthracite, 60x60 cm) - Grund COLANI luxury design bath mat, ultra soft, non-slip, 5 years warranty, washable rug, 100% Polyacryl, OKO-TEX certified, Colani 18, bath mat 60 x 60 cm, anthracite
- Hotwheels '65 Impala-Pinstripe Power Series 3 of 4 955
- OluKai Men's Pikoi Dark Wood Dark Wood 12 D US
- Pokemon Center Original stuffed BIG size sleeping soundly Ditto
- THLZD Kawaii 40 60 Holes Art Marker Pen Case Canvas Large Removable School Penal Pencilcase Pen Bag Box Stationery Pouch 60 B
- Hot Wheels ED NEWTON'S LOWBOYZ TRICLOPS RAREFLOW MERCOHAULIC Limited Edition 3 Car Die-Cast Deluxe Box Set &
- David Donahue Horizontal Rib Regular Fit Tuxedo Dress Shirt - Size 17 34 35
- Aluminium-Dibond image 110 x 70 cm concept car , image on a Aluminium-Dibond
- Elegant Suede Stiletto Sandals Women's High Heel fashionable
- Star Wars - Snowtrooper Deluxe Action Figure 1 6 Scale
- Magic the Gathering - Fetid Heath - Masters 25
- Dual-mode Quadcopter Long-distance High-definition Aerial Drone Positioning Followed By GPS Return FPV Real-time Transmission Black And White Optional (color BLACK)
- Trademark Fine Art Apple Grossbeak Bird by Michele Meissner Wall Decor, 14x14(ALI43314-C1414GG)
- color02 50 x70 Inch BelleAckerman Outdoor Blanket Shark,Watercolor Animals with Silly Expressions Bubbles and Sea Waves Kids Ocean,bluee Pale bluee White Cozy, Easy to Carry Blanket 50 x60
- Textbook math set of corresponding to the Guilin Museum math set comprehensive version C
- Brittany's Ann Lauren Doll Collection 18 Inch Its Cold Outside Baby Boy Doll with Sound and Pacifier
- E ALUA- Solid Wood Folding Stool Household Step Stool Simple Modern Portable Stool Multifunctional Kitchen High Bench
- YUHAO(uk) Giant Inflatable Kiddie Pool - Family And Kids Inflatable Rectangular Pool(2.1m)
- Small World Toys Preschool - They Keep Multiplying Math Keyboard
- Cookies & Classics Jigsaw Puzzle 1000 Piece
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn