SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Winter Autumn Plush Quilted Sofa Cover Furniture Covers slipcovers for Living canape capa de Sofa Predector SP5144 Lake bluee per pic, 110cm180cm Stone Room nnkuij2523-New toy
- Vasque Breeze III GTX Men's Boot 11 2E US Black-Bungee Cord
- H2H Mens Slim Fit Single One Button Blazer Jackets for Party WHITE US XL Asia 2XL (KMOBL046)
- World Peacekeeper 12-Inch Action Figure Set - Parajumper by Peterkin
- SODIAL 8807W 2.4Ghz 0.3MP 420P Camera WiFi FPV Foldable Drone 6-Axis Gyro Altitude Hold Headless Mode G-Sensor RC Quadcopter
- [Puella Magi Madoka Magica] Akemi Homura (1 6 scale Fashion Doll)
- Nursery Warm Microfiber All Season Blanket for Bed or Couch Cute Cartoon Style Queen Rabbit Yellow Haired Girl Flowers Slug Tea Cups Stacked Oversized Travel Throw Cover Blanket 60 x50 Multicolor
- In the Zone, Puzzle No. 406, A Terry pink Sports Original by PSI, Inc
- Pool Loungers - Luxury Living Swim Party Toy Inflatables Bed Giant Pool Raft Toys Large Buoyancy Comfortable Fun Beach Floaties A Fun Pool Party ,Wholeroundwatermelon
- 2014 Evangelion Art Exhibition Limited Rei Ayanami PVC Figure
- White Grey Floral Quilted Sofa Cover Plush Long Fur slipcovers fundas de Sofa sectional Couch Covers fundas de Sofa SP4957 White per pic, 90cm180cm
- ONE-12 Collective Marvel Thor Ragnarok HELA AF
- Fender 9050 Stainless Flatwound Bass Strings
- Stretch Sofa Cover All-Inclusive Sectional Throw Couch Corner Cover for Furniture Armchairs cogines para Sofa Home Decor color 20, 2-Seater 145-185cm
- HONEY BLONDE Eleanor Mercer Royal Black Ver. 1 7 Scale PVC Figure
- Marvel HeroClix Ant-Man Box Set by WizKids
- Uni-Ball UB-157 EYE 24 Piece Black and bluee Display Unit
- Vivid Red operations figure - Akane & bluee all set of 2 (japan import)
- Rhinestones Hotfix of Swarovski Elements SS10 (2.8mm), Crystal-Antique Pink, 1440 Pieces (10 Gross)
- Continuum Games, Inc. Lumps The Elf Coal Game
- QINYAN-Home Decorative Throw Blanket Painted (80 x60 ) Lightweight Blanket Extra Big Funny Cartoon Caricature Monster Figure on Grunge Backdrop with Hearts Humgoldus Cheerful Multicolor.
- Laliva Zero RC Quadcopter Spare Parts V G PTZ Cable Turning arm Bracket Cover Camera case Motor Driver Board Compass etc - (color G Roll Assembly)
- Baoblaze 1 72 WWII North American P51-B Mustang 1944 Fighter Plane Diecast Model Playset Kids Adults Toy Collectibles
- Folding Fishing Chair Fishing Chair Multi-Function Folding Fishing Stool Fishing Supplies for Camping, Fishing, Beach
- ToySource Stanley The Turtle 28 in Plush Collectible Toy Stanley The Spotted Toad Plush Toy, Random
- Ferrari 250 P 23 J. Surtees-W. Mairesse Le Mans 1963 1 43 Scale diecast Model
- Boyds Bear Sonny the Smiley Face Bear903023
- Trademark Fine Art Brighton Pier by Nina Papiorek, 14x14-Inch
- Heye Heye Triangular Traffic Jam Schone Puzzles (1500Piece
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn