SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Complete Pack the Pooh Limited Edition 02 Silver Coin Medal - Complete Pack Winnie Collection nnlxbe1523-New toy
- Crystal Productions CP0190 Colour for The Artist,Grade
- Portable Director's Chair Folding Breathable Mesh Aluminum Camping Fishing Garden Chair,Quick Set up and fold Down,Versatility (color Green)
- Scientific Kidney Section Nephrons Blood Vessels and Renal Corpuscle
- Fat Shark FSV1254 - Ultra Micro FPV Transmitter Camera 5.8G 25mW 7CH VTX
- Cheekbone Electronics Toy,DIY Circuits kit for Kids,Educational Science Kit Toy 335
- MODOLO 2 Pack Inflatable Bunny Rabbit Ears Ring Toss Game with Rings Easter Party Games for Family Kids (2 Rabbit Ears and 8 Rings)
- YuGiOh Gyroid (BP01EN190) Battle Pack Epic Dawn 1st Edition Common
- One Piece Can Badge Button Trafalgar Law Hologram Super Limited Anime F S
- Unfinished Round Wood Christmas Ornaments - Bag of 100
- Twig-chan Nakayoshi Friends PUFFY Ami Yumi-chan
- Disguise DI50378-XL Teen Wolverine Bodysuit Costume Size Large
- Nordic Style Modern Printing Sofa Cover Stretch Tight Wrap All-Inclusive Removable Slipcover for Living Room Furniture Covers color 7, 4seater 235-300cm
- Good Smile Date A Live II Yoshino (Don't Hurt Me Version) PVC Statue
- Cream 6 Panel Lightweight Wooden Slat Folding Room Separator & Privacy Panel with Two-Way Hinge Design (Height 170cm, Individual Width 40cm) (Cream, 3 Panel)
- Gift M2015 1 18 Large Model Car Metallic Delicate Sport Vehicle Alloy Collection Model Scale Decoration Toys Black
- NECA Street Fighter IV 6 inch Figure Chun-Li by Neca
- Folkmanis Harbor Seal Hand Puppet by Folkmanis
- Trademark Fine Art Cocktail Quartet II by color Bakery, Black Matte, Black Frame 11x11, Wall Art
- AMEA 1Pcs Beautiful Design Coffee Cups Cafe Tea Wall Stickers Art Vinyl Decal Kitchen Restaurant Pub Decor
- TURNBUCKLES 5MMX68MM W ENDS 8B
- Introduction Shacho small TgoldZawa Puppet stuffed toy set
- Daydream Collection vol.15 Tri shea cycle racer Candy bluee ver. 1 7 scale Candy Resin-painted PVC Figure
- Jake Trick and Trap Treasure Map Game
- Crocodile Creek Backpack Ladybird TOY Crocodile Creek by Manual (English)
- Flameer 6WD Smart Robot Car Tank Chassis Metal Aluminum Alloy Large Bearing Big Platform with 6pcs Powerful Motors DIY Robot Car
- Hatch Box Set from Lost
- SSLC Tricycle For Kids,Baby Tricycle Folding Stroller Kids Trike Detachable Canopy Pushing Handle Learning Bike Maximum Weight 30
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic Official Emblem Metal Key Chain Official License Goods
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn