SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
271. My One True Friend Bette Midler - SWISS MusicBoxAttic 18 Note Movement Pull String With Case - Over Song Choices Fiddler on the Roof - SWISS - 400 nnlxbe2023-New toy
- LEGO Star Wars Final Duel 1 Darth Vader & Emperor (7200)
- Imitation Universal Stretch Sofa Cover Flower Sofa Slip Couch Cover niture Home Decoration Towel K055, 4 Seater 230-300cm
- Red Z-Forcer Durable Thicken Chest Of Drawers, Bedroom Clothes European Style With Lock Assembled Storage Box Hall Locker, 60 40 113CM Multifunction (color White)
- Mt. Rainier, WA 1000 Piece Puzzle by Hoyle
- Moomin Knit Cap Write [BE Beige]
- ZJW Trampoline 40 Inches Mini Exercise for Adults and Kids Indoor Fitness Equipment for Garden Workout, Max Load 175Kg,A,Trampolines
- GENERATION GIRL Mari MY ROOM Doll 2000 by MATTEL
- bluee Dash C Kipling Haruko School Backpack, 41 cm, 25 liters, Pink (Pink gold Drop)
- AUTOart 1 12 Pagani Uaira White
- Mohair Aldi Yarns Juntan Brown Series 30 g 75 m 10 pieces set
- GLJJQMY Staircase Four-Layer Two-Purpose Mobile Stool Folding Thick Multi-Function Stair Chair Kitchen Bedroom Interior Solid Wood Pedal (color A)
- Puppy plush doll girl pillow hug doll fluff + PP stretch cotton ( color Brown , Size 150 cm )
- 2013 Hot Wheels Hw City - Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Superleggera
- Recordable 15 Plush Lamb with 10 Second Digital Recorder
- LotFancy Toy Car Vehicle for Kids Toddler, Soft Plastic, BPA Free, Yellow bluee orange, 9 Inches
- 3dpink qs_92399_5 Mt Monadnock, Jaffrey, New Hampshire - US30 JMO1332 - Jerry and Marcy Monkman - Quilt Square, 14 by 14-Inch
- Threeking Rc Stunt Car Remote Control Off-Road Truck Double Sided Tumbling 360 Degree redation 3D Deformation Dance Car 1 28 2.4Ghz Rechargeable Stunt Car Great Gift for Kids - Green
- BEICICI Comforter Multicolor Bed or Couch Farewell Fashion Ultra Cozy Flannel Blanket
- Magic the Gathering - Reprisal - Seventh Edition - Foil
- Star Wars S1 Hero Series Interactive Figure - French
- Smallbeefly Floral Digital Printing Blanket Earth Toned Classic Exotic Flowers Leaves Harvest Natural Elegance Print Summer Quilt Comforter 60 x50 Apricot Umber White
- Quality Wooden Pom Pom Blocks (A1498)
- Bubble Wands Party Favors Pack of 64 Mini Neon Bubble Wands Odor-Free Non-Toxic Kidsf Bath Toy Birthday Treats Bubble Maker Toys for Kids Outdoor Summer Events & Celebration Toy Gift
- Tandem Twin Animal Girls Lynx Sapphire NYCC Exclusive PVC Figure
- 8.3cm Civil War Generals Painted Resin Men Chess Set with Cherry Stained Chest Board
- Nickelodeon Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Storage Cubes, Set of 2, 10-Inch
- QINYAN-Home Digital Printing Blanket (62 x60 ) Summer Quilt Comforter Sailboat Decor Tropical Island and Boat Exotic Journey Traveling Destinations Holidays.
- Marjorie Trieschmann Tiny Miracles Lullaby Goodnight Posable Realistic Sleeping Baby Boy Doll With bluee Outfit by Ashton Drake by Ashton Drake
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn