SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Hot Wheels 2000 Nascar 3 22 Caterpiller Helicopter Racing nnlgrj4189-New toy
- AA Solid wood mobile table, portable side table mobile desk workstation with pulley black white Home (color E)
- WEATLY Vintage Rivet Long Nose Bird Mask Beak Medieval Steampunk Halloween Party Masquerade Costume Props 3colors Available
- Step Stool Stair Chair Seats Wooden Solid Wood Dual-use Climb 3 Step Ladder Widened Safety shoes Bench Storage Shelf Kitchen Indoor Ascend Home Modern
- Windsor & Newton Cotman with Hafupan 12 colors Suihitsu
- Stool Wooden stool Change shoe bench Coffee table stool Solid wood Square Household (redwood) (Size 28 28 26cm)
- Skip wig attractive cosplay arrange wig Feather Long Light Purple specializing in sharp small face
- STREET FIGHTER PVC STATUE WITH SOUND & LED RYU 17CM
- Ungfu Mall Christmas Party Home Decoration Inflatable Ride Deer Santa Claus Costume Toys Props For Kids Gift
- Kinnikuman Kinkeshi 01 all 18 species set
- Modern Sofa Cover All-Inclusive Slip-Resistant Cheap Sofa Towel Elastic Corner Sofa Sectional Covers Spandex Sofa Slipcover 1PC 11, Two seat Sofa
- 1PC Plaid Plush Fabric Sofa Cover European Style Soft Slip Resistant Slipcover Seat Couch Cover Sofa Towel for Living Room Decor red 1pcs, 110x160cm 1pcs
- Connect 4 Twist and Turn Action Game by Winning Moves
- Nogizaka46 Yuki Yoda 2017 May of birth commemorative T-shirt L size post card with
- Dragon Ball Kai DX figure theater version bath Lee
- [Harvey and Hudson] fold Wallet Made in Japan Bridle Leather HA-1003 Black
- Farmerly WLIARLEO All-Inclusive Sofa Cover Big Elastic Cover for Couch Universal Fabric Stretch Sofa Cover Flower Anti-Mite cubresofas Pattern 15, Three 190-230cm
- QXMEI Kids Toys Kids Blocks Kids Educational Toys EVA Blocks Product Size 26.8inchs 11inchs 9.1inchs
- Maryse Figure WWE Basic Series 8
- color12 60 x70 Inch BelleAckerman Throw Blanket Gender Reveal,Hand Drawn Style Sketch Boy and Girl Letters Toddler Baby Shower Art,Teal Pink White Velvet Plush Throw Blanket 50 x60
- Cars Wingo by Mattel
- Classroom ABC Anpanman NEW reading and writing (japan import)
- Hnfsliuhao Lamps 3D Led Visual colorful Light Fixture USB Table Lamp Bedside Baby Sleeping Night Light Novelty Mushroom Lamp Decor Gifts
- Loungefly Star Wars Jabba's Palace Backpack Pencil Case Set - EE Excl.
- Alice in Wonderland Mad Hatter Plush by FunKo
- Gund The Littlest Bears 7022 Grandfather & Grandson Miniature Stuffed Bears
- T&H Home Fuzzy Weighted Blanket Monogram Blankets, Get Naked Black and White Warm Flannel Throw Blanket for Baby Girls Boys Adult Home Office Sofa Chair Cars 40 x50
- Graham Farish 372-181A Princess Cgoldnation 46221 Queen Elizabeth BR Green EE
- Noa and Nani Midsleeper Cabin Bed with Diggers Tent and Tunnel (White)
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn