SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Zyhobby 2.0mm x 500mm Carbon Fiber rods tude rc Airplane Rod Ship in ca Strengthen 10pcs nnlgrj523-New toy
- Fit 1 2 3 4 seat Sofa Cover All Wrap Couch Covers Printed Stretch Furniture Stretch slipcovers Sofa Towel sectional Christmas XD41, 2 seat 140-185cm
- Tight Wrap All-Inclusive Sofa Cover Sectional Elastic Modern Furniture Couch Cover Universal Stretch Corner Slipcover 1PC color 8, 2seater 145-185cm
- Smallbeefly Ocean greenical Version Tapestry Deep Sealife Cute Sweet Cartoon Style Animals Little Whale Fish Octopus Moss Print Throw, Bed, Tapestry Yoga Blanket 54W x 72L INCH bluee
- Safari Mega Toobs Horses and Ponies Miniature Replica Set
- Michelangelo Genuine Leather Calf-Skin - Pompei Journal in Leather 4x9 H13 cm, Inch 1.57X3.54 H5 (Dark Brown)
- Carnival Phantasm Nekoaruku Purapura figure Nekoaruku-Destiny separately Pink Carnival Phantasm SEGA SEGA
- GREEN LANTERN HYBRID METAL ACTION FIGURE JUSTICE LEAGUE 028
- CNC Baja Metal Symmetrical Steering Kits (Plastic Rod Version) fit for hpi Baja 5b ss 5T Silver
- X cute princess of thorns Lian
- Maisto Special Edition 1 24 series SE Mustang Street Racer White 200-176
- Transformers Masterpiece MP-13B Sound Blaster
- Lindner T600 82 United Nations NEW YORK - Year 1982 to 1999
- Masters of the Universe Mini Statue - Battle Armor He-Man (NECA)
- Den Haven Scooter for Kids - Deluxe Aluminum 3 Wheel Glider with Kick n Go, Lean 2 Turn, Step 4 Brake - Black (Black)
- Ty Kitty Cat - 10 colorful Cat
- Van Manen PAARDENSTAL MET 7 BOXEN - VARI
- Alex Toys Artist Studio 20 Sidewalk Chalks with 2 Holders
- 4x6M LPKH Tarpaulin Outdoor Tarpaulin Shade Cloth Sunscreen Waterproof Car Tarp Sheet Camping Tarp Tarpaulin Ground Sheet Cover (Size 4x6M)
- Lounge Chair, Folding, Lazy, Back, Home, Balcony, Lunch Break, Nap, Office, Student, Dormitory, Lounge,Bearing Capacity 150Kg Rollsnownow (color GREEN)
- The Snowman and The Snowdog Christmas Paper Chain Decoration by The Snowman and The Snowdog
- QINYAN-Home Soft Travel Blanket(60 x60 ) Summer Quilt Comforter Flower Floral Decor with Daisies and Tulips Bud in Cartoon Style Brown Backdrop Art Print Multicolor.
- In The Breeze 48-Inch color Wave Stunt Kite
- Officio Assassinorum - Vindicare Assassin (pre-order 28 11) Warhammer 40k - Bnib
- Motor Engine for UPair-Chase UPAir One RC Quadcopter Drone Spare Parts CW and CCW Motor CW and CCW Motor
- LOGGAS Plastic Reptiles Animal Dinosaur Model Toy 6pcs Multi-color
- Square R C RC Model Hop-ups SQ-SWR-3S Square R C Aluminum Front Brace (for Tamiya WR02) Silver
- Royal & Langnickel ROYAL & LANGNICKEL Langnickel Royal Sable Brushes Long Handle 8 flat 5590
- Harry Potter and the HalfBlood Prince 1 6 scale Bellatrix Lestrange as played by Helena Bonham Carter Sixth Scale Figure by Star Ace Toys Ltd
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn