SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Mary Meyer Marshmallow Toy Friend Great Big Lamb 26-Inch Great Big Lamb nnlgrj689-New toy
- 1996 Toy Story 16 Pull String Talking Woody
- Zoomy far Style Beige Cotton ed Sofa Cover Slip canape niture Couch sectional fundas de Sofa SP3751 per pic, 110cm110cm
- Trademark Fine Art Vapor 2 by June Erica Vess, 14x14
- Topps 2007 Draft Picks And Prospects Football HOBBY Box - 24p5c
- XavieraDoherty Outdoor Blanket,Ahoy Its a Boy,Ahoy Written with Nautical Wheel Striped Nursery Wall Art Design,bluee Pale bluee White,300GSM,Super Soft and Warm,Durable Throw Blanket 35 x60
- Up North Memorabilia Jamie Dornan Signed Framed 16x12 Photo Autograph Display 50 Shades of Grey + COA
- Caoyu Vintage bookshelf, multifunctional wall storage shelf wrought iron solid wood partition pipe rack Bookcase storage shelf
- Generic Aluminum Front Lower Suspension ARM for TRAXXAS 1 7 Unlimited Desert Racer UDR bluee
- CYS-S2213 Digital Titanium Coreless Servo for RC Airplane Boat Cars 13Kg
- German Hellfire and Back 88 Nest
- Flameer 2pcs Metal RC Car Front Rear Wheel Axle for 1 10 Axial Wraith, RC Truck, Replacement Parts
- Inflatable Smiley Floating Beach Bed Beach Beach Inflatable Cushion Swimming Pool Lounger Floating Hammock Inflatable Rafts Swimming Pool Air Chair Light Floating
- STJK BMJW Hourglass Metal Ornaments Office Decor Gift Home Furnishing StudyC
- Volkswagen 1K8099300KJKA Model Car Scirocco Cup 2012 1 43, Silver
- 2002 hot wheels MONSTER JAM metal collection great bite shark monster truck 9 EXTREMELY HARD TO FIND by Hot Wheels
- Gikls uwd Panner taeater veryion Miri Lhimada Kgtobuki 1 7 scane PJC paintrd NVC Figurc
- Elastic Sofa Tight Wrap All-Inclusive Slip-Resistant Sofa Cover seat Couch Covers Sofa Towel Single Two Three Four-Seater 5825, 1 Seater 90-140cm
- color05 70 Wx93 L WinfreyDecor Kiss Living Room Bedroom Warm Blanket Vibrant colord Lipstick Kiss Print Smooch Abstract Hot Pink Grungy Look Feminine Sofa Chair 60 Wx60 L Fuchsia White
- Warmfamily Just Breathe Oversized Travel Throw Cover Blanket Minimal Composition Lettering Speech Bubble colorful Doodle Dots Super Soft Lightweight Blanket 60 x50 Multicolor
- STONEAGE WOMAN (M) (dress belt)
- Lego Super Heroes Hulk (Minifigure)
- Doudou et Compagnie - 1240 - Lapin Bonbon - Taupe - Petite Modèle
- McFarlane Nfl Legends Series 4 - Joe Montana 2
- YuGiOh Pharoah's Servant Prohibition PSV-039 Rare [Toy] by Yu-Gi-Oh
- ROBLOX gold Series 1 Celebrity Collection or ROBLOX Series 3 bluee Action Figure Mystery Box + Virtual Item Code 2.5 (Series 3 Westover Racer)
- AMFO Hot LED Light Nights Teddy Bear Stuffed Animals Plush Night Light Toy colorful Gleamy Gift 20Inch (White)
- MyLoire Five Nights at Freddy's Join Us Throw Pillow 16 X 16 Inch
- Hamanaka check ribbon H715175001 (japan import)
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn