SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Building Blocks Build-a-Story 60 Tub Piece nnlgrj856-New toy
- BRIO 33549 Wooden Railway System Car Transporter
- Mariana 23439 Light Peach with Light Green Swarovski Crystal pink gold Plated Bracelet 7 -8
- Xaviera Doherty Summer Blanket Casino,Playing Card Suits Gambler Weighted Blanket for Adults Kids, Better Deeper Sleep 35 x60
- Home Wall Decorations Art Decor Modern,Natural Floral Japanese Style Garden Cherry Blossom Sakura Tree Butterfly Nature,Pastel Pink Yellow for Boys Room Baby Nursery Wall Decor Kids Room Boys Gift 48
- Trademark Fine Art WAG00287-C1414GG Stained Glass Floral Ii by June Erica Vess Wall Decor, Multicolor, 14x14
- Trefl Puzzle Snow White Disney (180 Pieces)
- Flexipan Quenelle 0.68 Oz, 67mm x 38mm x 27mm Deep (25 8 x 17 16 x 11 16 Deep), 43 Cavities by Demarle
- 25 Dark Black Smooth Card Cover Sheets - 8.5 X 14 (8.5X14 Inches) Legal Menu Size - 80 (80 lb pound) - Cover Weight Fine Paper for Quality Results on a Smooth Finish
- Horseshoe Puzzle _ Remove and Replace the Metal Ring
- Funny Elf Legs Personalised Christmas Party Invitations
- Greetings from America, Full Sheet of 50 34-Cent State Stamps, USA 2002, Scott 3561-3610 by USPS
- IDiffusion Rodeo Ring with Handles 239 x 196 cm
- Farmerly Elastic Slipcover Solid color Thick Plush Stretch Sectional Sofa Covers for 1 2 3 4-seater Corner Sofa Covers Couch Cover 7, One for 90 to 140cm
- Labrador Retriever Made in UK Artistic Style Dog Figurine Collection
- Mombebe Baby Boys' Pumpkin Halloween Costume Hooded Romper
- Bonerundo mug foamer (MAGFORMERS) Dinosaur set 40 piece MF708003
- Ganesh Writing the Mahabharata Statue, Bronze and color by Ancient Treasures
- YOYI-HOME Cotton Thermal Duplex Printed Blanket,Navy bluee Polka Dots s s Pattern for Nursery Room Spots Art Design Purple bluee and Navy Soft and Breathable Cotton W39.5 x H59
- Education Outdoors Smokey Bear Plush
- Aliens - 25mm Round Bases
- Yaaaaasss Emoji Paper Bags Gift Bags for Kids Birthday Party Supplies Pack of 24(Bags)
- H0_V 1 6 Action figure,Military action figures - Investigation team
- Thor Grand Heritage Mens Costume
- Mega Bloks Kapow Pyro Buildable Robot Warrior
- Punisher (Chase Edition) Daredevil x Funko POP Marvel Vinyl Figure & 1 PET Plastic Graphical Predector Bundle [ 216 11092 - B]
- QINYAN-Home Warm Microfiber All Season Blanket (70 x60 ) Summer Quilt Comforter Mexican Decorations Vibrant Vintage Aztec Motif with Gradient bluerred Lines Ecuador Crafts Image Multi.
- Caoyu Floor-standing bookshelf, folding display stand, propaganda, newspaper rack, magazine rack Bookcase storage shelf (Size 137 37cm)
- Generic 1 87 Scale DieCast Metal Model Construction Vehicles OffHighway Truck bluee
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn