SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Building Blocks Build-a-Story 60 Tub Piece nnlgrj856-New toy
- BRIO 33549 Wooden Railway System Car Transporter
- Mariana 23439 Light Peach with Light Green Swarovski Crystal pink gold Plated Bracelet 7 -8
- Xaviera Doherty Summer Blanket Casino,Playing Card Suits Gambler Weighted Blanket for Adults Kids, Better Deeper Sleep 35 x60
- Home Wall Decorations Art Decor Modern,Natural Floral Japanese Style Garden Cherry Blossom Sakura Tree Butterfly Nature,Pastel Pink Yellow for Boys Room Baby Nursery Wall Decor Kids Room Boys Gift 48
- Trademark Fine Art WAG00287-C1414GG Stained Glass Floral Ii by June Erica Vess Wall Decor, Multicolor, 14x14
- Trefl Puzzle Snow White Disney (180 Pieces)
- Flexipan Quenelle 0.68 Oz, 67mm x 38mm x 27mm Deep (25 8 x 17 16 x 11 16 Deep), 43 Cavities by Demarle
- Riddler's Mech by Batman Miniatures Game - The Riddler 35mm
- Slipcover Flower Sofa Cover Tight Wrap All-Inclusive Slip-Resistant Corner Cover Sectional Elastic One Two Three Four Seat 58329 F, Three seat
- Dreamworld Floral Sofa Cover Spandex colorfulfor Sofas Elastic Sofa Cover for Furniture Living Room Singel Double HX, Three 195-230CM
- Midorianzen work shoes Sakishin-filled sneakers Tobisuni TS100N White 29.0cm (for bending work)
- Derwent Coloursoft Colouring Pencils, Set of 72 in Wooden Gift Box, Professional Quality, 0701031, Multicolor
- DIY Wooden Miniature Dollhouse Kit - Time Loft Villa Series Doll house with Furniture LED Light， 3D Puzzles Wooden Handma，House Music house Wooden toys
- Matchbox Models of Yesteryear Y-27B 1922 Foden Steam Wagon McMullen & Sons The Hertford Brewery 1 72 Scale Diecast
- Novation Soft Carrying Case for MiniNova Synth, bluee (MININOVA Bag)
- Aikatsu Pappichu 3 (Chuchuchu) ribbon Ai win Yen Jerry Sugar (japan import)
- Exiled Its Dangerous in the Desert Bible Game
- Once Upon A Time 5322 POP Vinyl Emma Swan Action Figure
- DKLZY Predective Stylish Leather Case horse fly Horse-fly iPad Air iPad Air 2 ipad 2017 Model (9.7inch)
- Ryan's Room Creative Pickets - 120 Pieces
- Traxxas Slash 4X4 Upgrade Parts Steel+Aluminum Rear CVD Drive Shaft With 12mmx6mm Wheel Hex - 1Pr Set Green
- The Stupell Home Decor Deer Reading Newspaper with Big Glasses Wall Plaque Art, 12x18, Multi-color
- Square Enix Final Fantasy Static Arts Mini Moogle Action Figure
- MAMMAMAM Kids' Foldable Trike Indoor Outdoor Toddlers Glide Tricycle Red
- Prismacolor Premier Double-Ended Art Markers, Fine and Brush Tip, 24-Count
- Cute Lion Tote Bag Purse 10.75 x 10.5 Canvas Polyester Yellow Brown
- Decorative Throw Duplex Printed Blanket Big Small Stars Pattern s Style Party Decoration Rockn Roll Theme Print Yellow Black Home, Couch, Outdoor, Travel Use W39.5 x H59
- Kalisto Lucha Dragons Kids mask Tricolor sin cara mil Lucha
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn